Friday 16 January 2009

Blake Lively and Penn Badgley film a scene

Blake Lively and Penn Badgley film a scene

'I could never tolerate a Blair Waldorf. Of all the girls on the show I think Vanessa is nice, but Serena is more my thing - a free spirit.'

Chace's character Nate is the thinker of the show and desperate to escape from the future his parents have carved for him. Chace can relate to this, although he says he hopes he has more of a sense of humour.

'On the East Coast there is a real pressure to go to an elite university,' he says. 'Nate doesn't want that - that's how I was. Most kids where I grew up don't leave Texas. That's fine, but that wasn't my thing. I wanted to go and meet other people and I am very fortunate that I could.'

With his parents' support, he took a year out of his studies. When a friend dragged him to an advertising agency saying there was lots of money to be had in commercials, his world was to change for ever.

Within a few hours he was signed up to an agent, started going to drama classes and before long got the role which was to propel him to fame.

Chace admits that 'TV pays very well', though his biggest expenditure has been a bicycle - he admits he doesn't even spend money on clothes as he gets sent sackloads from designer PRs. 'I can't complain about anything,' he says with a big grin. 'We have so much fun on set, sometimes it feels like we are still in school.'

If only they had schools (and schoolboys) like the one Chace is talking about when I was a teenager.

• GOSSIP GIRL - Season One is available on DVD now


Blake Lively and Penn Badgley film a scene

No comments:

Post a Comment